Friday 25 December 2009

Translation of the interview with David in Rock one

-
English translation from http://panik-musik.blog.cz/!!!!!:

An important member of Panik, David Bonk, is a perfect pianist & guitarist. He did a huge part on the production of the second, just released album of the sixette. He introduces his instruments!

What equipment do you use?
David Bonk: I play on Epiphone Baritone Les Paul, I think it's better that all the originals from Gibson. For the sound I use the volumizer Hughes & Kettner WARP and a speaker 4x12 Vintage 30' of the same label. About the effects, I have KORG DTL-200BL, Boss NS-2, Boss CS-2, Line 6 Echo Park, Boss CH-1, Boss RV-3 a Hughes & Kettner Tube Tools Replex.

What's your first memory as a guitarist?
I started to play guitar when I was fourteen, but because I played the piano since I was six, it wasn't that hard. I never took lessons, I just tried on my own every day. I learned only by trying. The first song I could play was "Samba Pa Ti" from Santana, but then I ran into "Johhny B. Good" from Chuck Berry by watching "Returning to the future". And that was the first one I could really play.

Which ideas did you bring to Panik with your guitar - playing?
Actually I put everything I know and what I like into one pot, I shaked it and there the new ideas are!

What would you advise to those, who want to start with guitar?
Buy a cheeper guitar, I found out that there aren't such differences between cheep and expensive ones! And then try as hard as you can! If you don't have success .. continue! And when it still doesn't work, have a break!

Which best guitarists did you see?
There's unbelievably many good guitarists .. but I'd say Andy McKee or Erik Mongrain, then also Eric Claptom and Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits)

-

No comments: