Monday 31 January 2011

David's India blog - Vorbereitungen...

-
http://www.indiablog.de/
30th Jan


Vorbereitungen...
English: Preparation

Well finally!“, said one of my friends, when I told her, that it all starts the next Tuesday. It is pretty interesting to see, how an uncertain wish for a "change of scene" can change into a concrete trip, conducted by the inside anxiety and the worries to stand still and to miss something.

How like already often in my life I see, how much the destiny? or the Universe? Help change a simple thought into an act. The thought was called travelling. But to where? And with whom? Alone? Why not? Suddenly, I started meeting all these people, who traveled the world with a backpack, who Work and Travel for one or two years right after finishing school, they studied in a foreign land, or worked after school in a foreign land. I felt kind of benighted. But where should I go to? And when?

The first footsteps were called vaccination. When the doctor asked me, where I wanted to travel, because it was important for the right kind of vaccine, I told her to Asia or maybe South America. This speech was only enough for a Hepatitis-injection. My friends were planning to travel in a VW-bus through South America for two years (www.heuteblau-morgenblau.de), I thought it was pretty good, but since I can barely speak Spanish, I thought about it some more. One of my friends had Indian friends, whom he visited from time to time and this winter he went there too. That was it. The ideal beginning for discovering the world outside of Neumünster. So it should be India. So we booked a flight in the beginning of September.

And it should all start tomorrow. Temperatures about 30° are awaiting us. What should we take with us? Fist, I bought a huge suitcase. The Indian friend told me right after that, that I should please choose a travel bag instead, because there’s a possibility that it wouldn’t fit into the trunk of our Indian car. So again to get the travel bag and now I realize, that this one is big too. Clothes for one week, Anti-Brumm, pills for diarrhea and sunscreen aren’t filling up a lot of space. Do I need an iron? Not really.

I console myself with the thought of buying a lot in India. The bag will then have her point. I am looking forward to the sun and warmth, even thought winter has its pretty sides too.


Einfelder See im Winter

How do I prepare for a trip to India? 4 weeks without European standards? Honestly, I barely know what we can expect :-) The two of us, my father and I, will travel to Mahabalipuram to meet a friend – I know that.

I’ve packed some Aspirin, a few bottles of Anti-Mosquito spray (with a very fitting name “Anti-Brumm!”), Oralpädon and some other small pills, and I feel well equipped for every situation :-)

Next I’ve provided myself a hat, as it can get very hot round Madras in February, especially for a Central-/North European :-) With 95% humidity, one will most likely really feel the 30 degrees. Actually, I could have had my hair cut though..

I’m still packing my suitcase – a couple of bright T-shirts, 2 shorts, underwear, 1 pair of sandals (I’m wearing my sneakers right now), some biscuits as a snack, 1 towel (you never know?!), my culture-pack. We’ve decided to rather do the washing more often, than carrying clothes for 24 days with us. Since we’re going to travel a lot, we need no extra unnecessary baggage. By all means, my backpack will accompany me all the time, filled with all my
trifles – headphones, camera, bottle of water, and of course a GPS.

I’ll do some last shopping tomorrow, to get things I’m still lacking – who knows, what will come to my mind spontaneously while I’m in ALDI :-D

Everything’s clear.. let’s do it!


Translated by www.panik-musik.blog.cz (P.2K)
-

No comments: