Tuesday 1 March 2011

David in India - Abschluss

-
Abschluss - David
1st March - written by David

Now, after 22 days, getting to know many new and unbelievable people, making friends, after a surprisingly cheap, often very high-quality food (on which I really had to get used to.. but when I became friends with it, the food was a tasty experience!), high temperature, flu, cough, many temples and huge wisdoms and experiences of religious and spiritual missionaries, who travel across the land, and believe in more than one religion of various spiritual backgrounds – I could name a never ending list of things, that fascinated me and at the same time influenced me and my life – finally I have to say, that I enjoyed my staying in South India very much.

I have got to say, in the beginning I had a big problem with the "canalisation" in the whole city – and with life in South India, I was homesick a little bit. But I found out, that I had to learn how to "pick" things I wanted to see, so I saw them, and "fade out" things I didn't want to see. Kind of "selective perception". I didn't have to re-learn that (everyone does it always), just recelibrate your own system and your own senses – I restrain some things in Germany, I don’t notice them, or I don’t think about them. Here are dirty streets, on which sides are trenches full of waste water, which many wild and house animals drink from, or the (not existing) waste politics (“Out of sight, out of thoughts”), dusty reed stacks or dirty cloths, which are used to clean the glasses and tables in restaurants (maybe the floor
too? :-) ), which a person learns to "fade out", to think about it later.

We did a little “Crashcourse” concerning food – It actually took me and my body two weeks to get used to Non-EU food. Now, I enjoy it a lot. Of course I mostly like, that there’s a wide choice of vegetarian food. There are villages here, that ONLY serve vegetarian!

Our room–neighbor Gopi taught me a lot. He wanted to teach me yoga, but unfortunately we couldn’t do that because of my illness. So he was telling me stories of old Indian gods all day long, much wisdom from the Vedas and of course from his own life, which seemed to be longer from his storytelling, than just 20 years, which is his age.

Anyways, I am taking a piece of culture with me, which I was “observing” (and didn’t understand for a long time) and I am definitely going to add it into my everyday life. It is, not because of the 10.000 kilometers, a long spiritual way. You have to open yourself for the mentality of the people here, you have to talk to them and not use some European personality barriers which you are used to – and then you talk to everyone openly and heartily. I have the feeling, that you can read the whole story of a person from their eyes here. It’s written on their face, because mostly, here where I was, were only honest and proud people.

And I want to say, that I was scared of this trip in the beginning. I was scared of illnesses, scared of the flight and of the possible infections because of the low sanitary here. Some of it happened, not much, some of the fears helped me a bit. My conclusion is, that I "jumped over lot of my shadows", and I am really happy, that we went here. It enriched me, emotionally, with experiences, spiritually and with friends.

And here I thank everyone who supported me till now, sitting here now and enjoying the last hours of my stay, until me and my dad will be picked up in 5 hours, at 22:00 and fly back to Germany.

Let's get home.Ab nach Hause


No comments: